Purpose and Outcomes of DTS approved by YWAM’s GLT August 25, 2001
- To GATHER and CHALLENGE people to worship, listen to and obey God, releasing them (in the context of the DTS) to serve through evangelism, intercession, acts of compassion and other expressions of God’s heart for the world, possibly even pioneering new ministries.
- To INSPIRE and CULTIVATE growth in one’s relationship with God resulting in Christ like character, which is based on a solid Biblical foundation, the work of the Holy Spirit and the personal application of Biblical truth, especially concerning God’s Character, the Cross and empowering Grace.
- To SHARPEN one’s ability to relate to, learn from and work with people, including those of different cultures, personalities and perspectives.
- To further EQUIP each one to serve God’s purposes either in or outside of YWAM Family of Ministries, strengthening a commitment to reach the lost, especially the unreached, to care for the poor, and to influence all areas of society.
- To IMPART the vision and foundational values of Youth With A Mission International as well as that of the host operating location and to provide information regarding a variety of opportunities for service.
The DTS aims to graduate students …
- with a growing understanding of the breadth and depth of God’s character and ways
- who are becoming more like Jesus in the way they relate to God and people
who increasingly cooperate with the empowering presence of the endwelling Holy Spirit
- who listen to and obey God as the result of God’s enabling Grace
- who search the Scripture in such a way that transforms beliefs, values and behaviors
- with strengthened lifestyles of worship, intercession and spiritual warfare
- with a greater ability to work with others, especially those different to themselves
- who can share the Gospel with the lost and have a life long commitment to do so
with a commitment to continue to be involved in some way with God’s work among the nations, including unreached people, the poor and needy and in spheres of society
- who understand the calling and values of YWAM and are aware of a variety of opportunities available to them throughout YWAM
- with a clearer understanding of God’s purposes for their life and a sense of their life direction
- who either:
- go on to serve God in either a context familiar or foreign to them
- pursue further training (in or outside of YWAM) to equip them for further service.
(Last updated: 20 November, 2005 ) ©International DTS Centre, 2002, 2005. Contact